In 1890, Louisville, Alabama, in the words of an Alabama Baptist writer was "a thriving village in a fine farming country." There were numerous businesses, and most families prospered in this community. Churches of different denominations were available, but to attend a Baptist church one had to attend Bethlehem Church, which was several miles north of town. A need for a local church was recognized and Bethlehem Church to the first steps to plant a new church in Louisville. In 1896, nine members of Bethlehem Church asked for and received letters of dismission in order to organize "Louisville Baptist Church of Christ".
Through the years, the efforts of Louisville Baptist Church to reach and to share Jesus Christ have been noted. The Women's Missionary Union with its Sunbeams (Mission Friends, Girls in Actions, Acteens, Children in Action, and the Royal Ambassadors has had a lasting Christian influence among the children and youth who have grown up in the area. Vacation Bible School, held each summer, continue to reach many children in the community. Revivals meetings have given the entire fellowship opportunities to renew and recommit themselves to Jesus as well as to bring in those who are lost.
This mission efforts of the church have been far-reaching through various mission projects, contributions to the Lottie Moon and Annie Armstrong Offerings, mission studies, gifts for landl and state mission and most importantly, through prayer. In 2002, in order to meet the needs of our community, Louisville Baptist Church extended an invitation to local Hispanic residents to join in a newly formed Hispanic ministry. The group was led by Jeanette Lowery. After the group outgrew the accommodations at Louisville Baptist Church, the group was assisted in forming their own congregation.